Proper plant selection is one the “secrets” in successful landscaping. Plants and colors are the “flavors” that bring your garden to life. We will help you select the right plant for the right place, keeping in mind your goals, such as screening, shade, erosion control, focal points, noise control, etc.
Consider Northwest Indiana shrub growth habits and characteristics
- Shrub size at maturity. Figure the mature size a bush will reach in both upward and outward directions when you shop. Not calculating this can cause serious problems in the future.
- Bush light requirements, heat, and wind tolerance.
- Shrub soil preference, moisture needs, and drought resistance.
- Form and Shape. Considered as columnar, round, vase, weeping, oval, creeping, etc.
- Texture. The fineness or roughness of plants can also be categorized in terms of leaf thickness and shade (light or dark) of plants. As a rule, buy plants with finer textures in greater numbers than bushes with coarse textures.
- Seasonal interest and color. These are the special features at different times of the year like foliage, fruit, flowers, winter color, changing colors, etc.
- Insect and disease resistance.
Hubinger Landscaping only sells bushes selected for our 5B hardiness zone. Shrubs and bushes for sale include:
- Burning Bush
- Shrub Roses
- Butterfly Bush
- Rose of Sharon
- And many more!
Our knowledgeable garden center staff is happy to help you shop for the best shrub, specifically for your desired location.